But I have accomplished it. I did in manually with an Xacto knife and sand paper. I'm very pleased with how it turned out. I tried to take pictures of the cuts, but it was challenging zooming in to show the detail, so I apologize for the blurriness. Keep in mind that these boards are close to 13" long with these cuts running the full length. I've just focused in on the very end to show the detail.
On another note, I thought I show you something more interesting. One of the main delays with creating miniatures is drying time for glues and paints. So many times I work on several projects, but space does become challenging then. One thing I find is a great filler for the time in between is my rug making. I've been making miniature rugs since I started making miniatures over 20 years ago. I enjoy it tremendously. There are times I don't touch the rugs for months, but then I find I have long stretches where I work on them constantly between other minis.
I thought I would share with you some of the rugs I have completed. This is the first two I've done. Both patterns came from miniature rug books. The rug is in 28 count and the runner is in 32 count. Again I've tried to zoom in to show you more details on the runner, sorry I've got lots to learn about my camera.
Above is the close up of the runner.