Toronto Trip and more purchases

I had a few more purchases to show you from my Toronto trip.  I purchased this beautiful matching "Louis Vuitton" purse and shoes.  These were made by the very talented, Judith Blondell, our instructor for the wing chair workshop.  I'm going to use them in the window display of "Doreen's Fine Things".



 
Remember the great logos I purchased from Grandpa's Dollhouse, these are also used on the purse.  I have lots of ideas for future projects like this.

 
I was so pleased with the wing chair I built that I decided to buy a second chair kit.  This one is a club chair and ottoman.  Here's all the assorted parts and pieces.


Judith even turned the legs on a lathe herself.  She is so talented.

 
When it's completed, it's suppose to look like this.
 
 
I think I will add the nailheads to the ottoman as well.  I've ordered extra nails, just for this purpose.
 
So that's all my purchases from the Toronto trip.  Since I didn't get to the Chicago Miniature Show after my Whitledge-Burgess workshop was cancelled, I got to spend all my "Mad Money" I had saved for this show in Toronto instead.
 
On another positive note, I have received my second kit from Whitledge-Burgess that I ordered rather than get a refund on the workshop.  Another item for my very very very long list of projects is now the Equistrian Suite kit from W-B.  Here's a few pictures of the finished project that I got from their web site.
 

 
Don't you just love the paneled walls and coffered ceiling, it's going to be so much fun to work on this kit.
 
Oh and by the way, I start back at my studies this evening.  Final year and I will be completed by professional designation.  I wasn't planning to go back until September, but an opportunity to start early came up, and I didn't think I had enough on my plate...lol.   Okay I am simply not the type of person who can sit still for very long, I have to be constantly doing something!
 
 Wish me luck, I'll be old and gray by the time I complete all the projects,  oh wait, I am ......gray... but a good colour covers that up!
 
Until the next time....
Wanda

Comments

  1. What Luxury! I admire both the shoes and handbag nearly as much as the W-B room box kits! I can see why you are so excited; and may I add that you have EXCELLENT TASTE! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonitas compras!!!! Estoy segura que el nuevo kit de sillón y otomano te quedarán preciosos al igual que el primero!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Wanda,
    It certainly was a wonderful trip for minis. Your purchases are all wonderful. I love that WB kit. I look forward to seeing you put it together.
    Best of luck!
    Giac

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts