Followers

Saturday, June 20, 2015

A Little Aging


The roof of the shed has had lots of time to deepen and now I am applying a mixture of diluted burnt umber to lower the intensity of the blue patina. 

My first thought was that I had it ruined.  But once the mixture dried, I like it much better.




Then it was on to adding the moss.  I'm using a combination of three different types and colours of landscape material to give it a little depth.  I applied glue in the upper edges and dragged it down a little, especially in the areas where the glue had dried on top of the copper and wouldn't age.  It looks a little overdone here, but I'm waiting for the glue to dry.


Once the glue was dried I brushed off the excess and this was the result.


I think I will have to repeat the process several times to build up enough moss.  Back to the moss bag!

Until the next time....
Wanda

2 comments:

PILAR6373 said...

Me encanta el efecto del musgo sobre el tejado,le aporta mucho realismo!!!
Besos.

Cinderella Moments said...

I love it! I think it's looking like perfection to me!! :)
hugs♥,
Caroline