Let there be Light

Have you ever started a dance in the middle of a room while you are there all by yourself.  Yep, did it today.  I have light, after a year and a half of construction (okay off and on a year!) I have finally seen the inside of the bookstore from outside looking in.







I have to figure out how to stop the reflection of me and the camera in my shots, any advice would be welcome!


I drilled larger holes, inserted larger grommets that were brass and shiny so they reflected lots of light, thanks for that tip by the way!  Yes the chipped paint is from almost dropping the entire project on the floor when I pulled the cord over to the power bar to plug it in and the cord got tangled, but don't worry the cracked paint will fit in when I start the aging process!


Secured the lights down through the hole


Ahhhh, won't you drop in for the soft opening (that's what we call the opening before the Grand Opening in retail) of Ephraim's Books, Manuscripts and Maps!



Again, thanks for all your feedback in your comments.  I will attempt LED lighting in the future, but for now it's the old fashion incandescent bulb that saved the day for me!

Until the next time.....
A very pleased....
Wanda

Comments

  1. Hi Wanda, yes, the electricity works happy dance. A sometimes rare but exuberant tradition practiced by miniaturists who have been struggling with wiring. I know it well!
    What a difference it makes to the store. I love looking through the windows.
    Take care. Janine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!!! se ve precioso el interior!!!!
    Para el problema del reflejo de la luz,tienes que poner un difusor,algo que tamice la luz y así no saldrán reflejos.
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Wanda,
    It really does come to life with lighting. Excellent work!
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wanda! I am so glad that my tip worked out about the change in grommets and I love the results!
    I am Delighted that you are now- "WELL LIGHTED" because it Really Does make a difference to the interior, which by the way, looks VERY inviting! Well Done! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lighting definitely adds a new dimension! It's looking great :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts