It's a couple of days later now, and I am still on the road travelling for work and sitting in a hotel (again) and I thought you would like to know how I filled the trellis. I had made the trellis several years ago and wrote about it in this blog posting. You can see how I made it in this posting.
Here's how I filled the trellis. I used a punch that looked as close to a rose leaf as possible. It was a Punch Bunch brand. I do find these button punches difficult to use, but I managed to get a quite a few leaves punched.
Then I cupped and dry brushed the rose leaves with a blend of red, gold and darker greens to give the leaves more depth of colour.
While the leaves were drying, I added rose vines to the trellis. I winded them throughout the trellis and glued the wires in place and left everything to dry
I used ready made roses and rose buds. I glued all the roses and most of the buds in place the first evening, and left them to dry all night.
The next day I started to add all the leaves I had punched and painted. I am still deciding whether I need to add more leaves. I think I will wait until I return home and lay it against the side of the shed and see if it stands out enough.
Until the next time....