Gardening Swap

Recently Ira @ http://merryjingle.blogspot.com/ suggested a gardening swap. I jumped in to volunteer immediately. With my present garden shed project, I need lots of gardening items, including flowers for the outside. I've made and collected lots, but I would love to have a bigger variety. So today I am offering up duplicates of many of the things I have in hopes that one of the other swappers would be interested in these items.

These are the items I have to offer:

Hyacinth stems. I still have add leaves to most of them, only the front two stems have the leaves attached yet. I made these myself from instructions I found in Miniature Collector magazine. I have about 4 dozen stems made so far.


Vintage wood sign. I only have one right now, but I can laminate and age more if required. It was made from a printie I found online. I mounted it to a wood backing, and painted and distressed it.



Wooden "Clay" pots have have been aged with moss. These are about 1/2" high.



Potted fern:-


Or just fern leaves, here's an example of how I used the fern leaves on my dollhouse window box. I am not offering up the window boxes, just wanted to show you alternate ways to use the fern leaves. I made the fern leaves myself from floral tape. They are extemely time consuming, but I have lots from a previous swap I was involved in last year.

Fushia stems. This is for individual stems, depending on how many you need. You'll see in the above window box, I used stems in between the fern leaves. Vase is not included in swap, just needed something to prop the stems in.


Here's a close up shot of the stems:-



I have two styles of crates, labels do vary. I have lots of the lower flat crate, just have to attach the labels. The double crate, I would have to make more if more than one swapper is interested of if they need more than one.



I also have two sizes of seed flats. I think I will add a little greenery and a plant stake in each of the flats showing some early plant growth.



I also have lots of garden signs. The three shown below I only have one of each. These are about 2.5" wide and 1.5" h. Some of these signs have bowed a little with the glue and paint. Depending on how they are used, some weight may need to be applied to them to flatten them down.




These are two smaller garden signs I have. Once again I only have one of each. These are a lot smaller measuring approx. 1" wide x 3/4" high



Lastly I had another idea for garden swap items. I hope it appeals to the interested swappers. Over the years I have collected a lot of silk and plastic flower stems in full size, that have individual blossoms that were suitable scale to use in 1/12 scaled settings. Even when I purchased one stem or in some cases one bunch, I had more blossoms then I would ever need in all my miniature projects. I don't know if there are others that have collected these floral stems over the years and may want to swap some of these blossoms, and even if you haven't you may have other garden items to offer up as swap items for these blossoms. Some were floral blossoms, and some are just leaves. I have photographed all of them in the smaller crate to show you the size of the blossoms and leaves. So hopefully this is of interest to others as well.
First there are these pink and light green five petal flower blossoms. These are about 6 blossoms on each section I pulled off the flower stem. Each blossom is about 1/4" inch wide.
Then there are these yellow cluster flowers. Each cluster measures about 1/2" acoss. Great to use as babys breath.
I also have these clusters of flower stems that look like delphinumns. Two colours dark rose and light orange. There are about 20 blossoms on each cluster that can be cut individually.
Next are these purple blossoms. I don't know if they look like any full size flowers, but I really like them. Each blossom is about 1/4".
I also have these white clusters that are also perfect looking clusters of babys breath.
Then I have lots of greenery pieces. Great fillers in the garden. They are variegated from dark green to light green from botton to top. Each stem measures about 2-2.5" inches.

I also have these leaves that are either green or burg. Again they are great garden fillers, and can possibly used for Hostas if cut and glued together appropriately.

Lastly I have these other greenery fillers that look like little bushes. Each piece measures about 1" across. I am showing about 6 bushes below. Three are in each section.

Outside of these items, I have printed and partially cut lots and lots of printies from seed packages to seed bags that I will throw in with each swap since I got so carried away with my printing!!! Great opportunity to move these items.

So that's what I have to offer for the garden swap. If there are any interested parties, let me know what you have to offer in exchange.
-Wanda

Comments

  1. Wow, you got lots garden minies :) I sent you an email :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers are so beautiful and realistic looking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the flowerpots have to realize a few and seeing them it gives me many ideas for my court cistern

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello! I love the fuchsia and Hyacinth stems.. I can offer you only pitchers and baskets of string ... if it goes well for you, write me an email!
    katiamilella@tiscali.it
    thanks, Caterina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wanda I just love your hyacinths and some of the green leaves, as well as the spiky ones in the last two photographs. I'll have to think what I have suitable to swap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Wanda,

    your translator is not in progress. Can you have a look...??? The fuchsia are beautiful...

    Greetings from Germany PuNo/Monika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vielen Dank für den Übersetzer. Jetzt ist es ok. Ich schicke Ihnen eine Email.

    Grüße aus Deutschland Puno / Monika

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts