Camp Mini Ha Ha - Day Five

I've completed the final day of Camp Mini Ha Ha but as I stated in my last posting, I will not complete the project in the time allotted unfortunately.  The final day was wrought with a few delays and missteps.  I accidentally glued the front gator board wall on upside down and had to cut out the the bottom piece and patch in at the top.  I'll have to do some fancy interior trim work on the window and panelling in order to hide the mistake.  This is the section I had to cut out.


While the patch job was drying, I moved on to the ceiling.  I had decided before I left for Camp to do a faux tin ceiling.  I started with a Houseworks faux ceiling panel and painted a first coat of Gesso.  Once dry I painted the entire ceiling with a metallic gold acrylic paint.  


Then I sponged on a coat of metallic copper acrylic paint.


Then I sponged on a coat of metallic silver acrylic paint.


Then a coat of bronze metallic acrylic paint.


Final coat was a product called Extreme Glitter, which was a silver paint that had gold glitter in it.  This gave the ceiling a little more sparkle to reflect the lighting that will be in the room.  Two very subtle and doesn't show clearly in the pictures, but I think it will help the lighting on the room.


Here are the paints I used.


And the Extreme Glitter.



I've left the entire panel to dry for the evening but it won't be installed until I get home.  I worked on the electrical and started filling the bookcases.  More pictures on this hopefully tomorrow.

In the morning I have to pack up to return home.  I'll have a little bit of catching up to do on my studies, so I'll try to post tomorrow, but it may be later in the week before I can get more updates for you to see.

We had another tidbit exchange and giftie exchange again today, and I received a beautiful aquarium on a table, plus many more accessory items.  More pictures to follow on later in the week.

Several vendors and artisans had tables set up selling their products during the week as well.  I've added a few more items to my collection and I'll review that during the coming week.

I'm totally exhausted, but proud of what I've accomplished.  It's been a wonderful week with a great group of friends, both old and new.

Until the next time....
From Camp Mini Ha Ha....
Wanda





 

Comments

  1. Que buena pinta tiene!!! Ese techo es precioso,va a quedar genial!!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a gorgeous ceiling! :D Sounds like you had a great time, and this is a lovely project!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts