Friday, April 15, 2011
I had to clamp each joist to the rafters that were already placed months ago, and then glue them to the header that was in place.
Then I used two pieces of the same wood for the roof sheathing to keep everything straight and laid the boards for the sheathing. These boards are the ones I savaged from the garden lattice I purchased at a dollar store for about $2.00 a pack. I've basically built the entire shed with about 3 of these lattice, costing me very little!
I used a bag of sand to weigh the boards down to the joists while they were drying. The bag of sand worked perfectly on the angle, and didn't slide like a book would have.
So everything is nicely covered now. I have to give the roof a good sanding, and trim the boards at the edges a little for them to be perfectly flush. So the last step is to apply the copper roofing. So this task may take a little time to source the copper, and bend it into place. In the meanwhile, I have lots of flower making to do.
I still haven't shared the photos of the inside of the shed. I'll do that in the next posting.
Thanks for dropping by!!
Until the next time.............