The Architect's Furniture and Accessories

While waiting at home at the beginning of the pandemic, my loft project was still at Lisa's, so I couldn't work on the project, so I concentrated on making all the accessories for the project.   

I felt I still needed an helper for this project so I found this guy at a local dollar store.  He'll play a big part in ensuring everything is kept to scale.  I'll call him the Architect.

So just before we got sent home to our respective craft rooms, the Architect's first job was to ensure the drafting board I had purchased many years ago from The Little Dollhouse Company in Toronto was at the right height.  I had to disassemble this table because the table top was almost vertical and I altered it to lie a little flatter.  


Yes he's approved the height, it's working great for the Architect.  So I could now safely go home and work on everything the Architect was going to need in his office.

I assembled a bookcase kit from Grandpa's Dollhouse for the project and made lots of storage boxes and drawings for the loft.  The internet was a great source here, I found a lot of architectural sketches online and mounted them to cardstock for wall art.



Several years ago while travelling through Europe I found this miniature architect's set, so I'm adding this to the drafting board.


I found lots of blue prints and architectural drawings online and reduced and aged these and rolled them up.  



I filled the shelving and glued everything in place.  I guess the architect is not the most organized person based on the neatest of the items on the shelf.  I found a lot of printies for office supplies in only miniatures magazines.  Some of the storage boxes also came from Looking Glass Miniatures in Ontario.



It goes to show that there are a lot of free options on the internet that you can find, download and print to scale to make a lot of the paper products you need for your miniature displays.

Also online I found the covers of most of my architectural and interior design books, and reduced them and made miniature books for the room by printing a solid coloured square of colour next to each book cover.  Folding the covers over a few layouts of thin glued layers of cardboard, colouring the edges and I had lots of books.  Here's everything grouped together in my photo box. 


I even found calendar pages, online and downloaded them and glued them at the top to make the Architect a wall calendar.

I have one small stool, shown here, but I think I need something more elaborate for the Architect.  I'll have to go searching for one, don't think I'll try making that one, or maybe....


I decided to also make a small table to display an architectural table for the Architect.  I used an old House of Miniatures kit.


I'll still need some furniture for the second floor, I'm thinking a drawer unit to store the Architect's drawings and a filing cabinet or table next to the drafting board would be great to store some extra supplies for the Architect.

So now I just need to get my project back from Lisa's house so I can start on the bricks and lighting, which have now arrived!

So until the next time.....

Wanda (oh yes and the Architect)

Comments

Popular Posts