I had purchased this variety kit online from a British dealer many years ago and have used the yellow and Christmas mix for other projects in the past. The mixed jar shown out of the pack is the one on the far right above, I don't like it.
While vacationing in Florida a couple of years ago I found larger jars of the Flower Soft, that's when I purchased the Lavender, Violet and Nut Brown with a Wisteria Vine in the back of my mind at this time. I've never seen the product on all my travels in Canada. In Florida I found the Flower Soft at a Scrapbooking store. Sorry I can't remember the name of the store. These are much larger jars, about three times the size of the variety pack. The product goes a long way, so I think I have more than enough for this project and many others.
So I went back to my Pinterest Pinboard for tutorials on flower making and found instructions for Flower Soft Wisteria, but they made a base of green landscape material on the stem first. I have these packages of Fresh Flocking that I found in the clearance bin at Michael's, think I paid a $1.50 a pack for a set of four. I took every different package they had for that price!
I used a pack that had four shades of green and mixed it together and came up with a base as shown below. I have to wait for the glue to dry before I add the Flower Soft on these bases stems
I start to shape the leaves and I should have listened to Giac's warning from his comment in one of my previous postings on the blog, wow, this is very tedious work. Giac, maybe I can send you some of these leaves to shape. It does wonders for one's sanity!!
Great idea, I'll "watch" a TV show and shape leaves during the same time. After a two hour movie, this is what I had accomplished! The leaves are so skinny along the "stem" section that I had to use the smallest (or next to the smallest) stylus, and even then I could only gently jab at it with the stylus, (jab, is that a word???.... well I am a Newfoundlander after all, we have our own language!!ha!) You couldn't move the stylus along the leaf at all, it's just so thin! Don't ask me what show I watched, I was too busy shaping leaves, it just became background noise.
I do love the new shaping pad, you can't even see a mark from the hundred or so leaves I was able to shape! Yes that little pile is about one hundred, so you can see the larger unshaped pile is about several thousand leaves! I did decide to keep the light green on the bottom, hence why they are all facing up on the pad, as you shape them they curl up.
I did learn one valuable lesson from all of this though. When punching petals or leaves remove the price tag from the underside of the paper, because it's impossible to remove them after you have punched the leaves. Looks like I have some rejects here!!
So I think the glue is dry on my green bases, off I go to try the flower soft on top of the bases.
Until the next time...........