100th Post!

I just realized today that this will be my 100th post.  I know there have been large gaps between the posts (some over a year!) but I've enjoyed sharing my projects with you and even more important I have loved your comments even more.  When you live in a part of the world where there are so few other mini crafters, it's nice to share online.

This week I have made a big effort to clean my craft room.  It's not complete but at least all the Christmas card making supplies are all put away!  I even started to set up my new table saw.  Still have to read through the instruction manual to put the guide on, and I have to attach a wet vac to it to suck up the saw dust.  But at least it has a place on my work space now.

I started to shape the leaves, wow these things are tiny, I had to use the smallest of stylus to do this.  I can't decide should the dark green face up or the light green, which s darkest the top of a leaf or the underside?



I found this great vinyl pad at DeSerres in Montreal in December.  If was meant to carve in to make stamps, but I thought it would make a great surface to shape petals and leaves.  It's very dense and heavy but it's flexible.  I quickly wear out so many of these inexpensive foam pads from Michaels, that I thought this would work so much better.  So far I am very pleased with it.

 
On a funny note, as I was cleaning up my workroom, I started collecting all the hotel room cards that I toss in here after each business trip.  They make fantastic glue spreaders when making miniatures!  But to give you an idea of how much I travel, here's how many cards I found.  Sad thing about it, I gave away over 50 cards last September at Camp Mini Ha Ha, so this is what I have accumulated since!  I love my job, but the travel does get to me from time to time.

 
Love to hear your feedback.  So until next time......

Wanda

Comments

  1. Hello Wanda,
    Congratulations on your 100th!
    The vinyl pad you found at Deserre looks great. I'll have to remember that when I start making plants.
    Hope you enjoy some time at home for a while.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts