The Trash in the Alley


I'm continuing my work in the Loft's alley.  More trash is added and the surface is "aged" with lots of grimy pastels.  



Lots of foliage and more dandelions, concrete blocks and used crates all add to the debris in the alley.




I added another drain down the side of the building flowing down to the rain barrel below.  I felt the ivy should grow over to the drain pipe.  So I added more leaves and filled in more ivy on the lower section to hide my bad corners.

  

 

I also didn't show you the completed roof with the grill work and "aggregate" on the roof.  This was all cut on a Cricut, layered, glued added and painted in black and several metallic paints.


As I mentioned in a previous post, I also wanted to add more foliage back at the fence.  I found a branch from a garden tree, cut maple leaves using my Cricut and after a lot of shaping, colouring and gluing, I have added the beginnings of the tree in the back section, but I'm not totally in love with it.  

 


I know if I keep it there I have to add a lot more branches and leaves, but before I proceed further, I'm going to put it aside and think about it a little more.  Sometimes it's good to walk away from a project and live with it for a bit and see what it really needs.  So I'm going to leave it for a bit and see if I want to continue adding leaves or if I want to scrap it.

Until the next time....

Wanda


 

Comments

  1. Hi Wanda! The dust covered and disheveled alley is surprisingly charming in all it's grimy glory! To make things decay and appear abandoned is delightfully fun, and not as easy to achieve as the inexperienced might think. Great work! The tree looks as though you have put so much time and thought into it, it would be a shame to eliminate this great idea altogether. Like you said, sometimes a little time is all we need to realize and remedy the look in our mind's eye. It'll come to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought I'd put 'magnificent' and 'trash' in the same sentence but this alley with all it's old discarded trashy bits and pieces truly is magnificent, as Jodi says it's a challenging look to achieve, you've don't it SO well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts