The Completed Seamstress’s Sewing Cabinet

 I've still not completed the outside of the Architect's loft but as promised in my last post I would show you completed Sewing Cabinet


To put things into perspective, here is a full size spool of thread against a drawer full of spools in 1/12th scale.  The miniature threads were made by rolling thread around tiny turnings and then cutting them and adding a label on the cut ends.

 




The bolts of fabric were made by rolling cut pieces of fabric around a small coffee plastic stirrer (looks almost like a small diameter straw.  The tags were a freebie when I made a purchase with another retailer many years ago.

 

The bolts of lace were made from cards I purchased from Heirlooms by Susan and added my own pieces of lace ribbon.

 


The rolls of ribbons were made using labels from Susan as well and small pieces of dowel.


This is the cabinet I made from a Lisa Engler kit.  She is no longer selling kits.




These hat boxes and rectangular boxes are a kit from Art of Mini



 


 

These boxes were kits I purchased from Looking Glass Miniatures and Lisa Engler.

 

 

I made the tassels from scratch using a wrapping thread around a paper clip.







 

 










Here's a video of the entire project.

After year's collecting items for this project, it's great to see it completed.  Now it needs to go to it's final home, the home of my friend.  Now the big question is, what do I with all the left over sewing items I've made and collected, it's still a drawer full!


But the most important part of this project, it was being made for a dear friend who is a very talented seamstress.  So recently I got to present this gift to my very special friend.


Hopefully by next week I'll have the outside of the Architect's Loft to share with all of you.

Until the next time....
Wanda

Comments

Popular Posts