Followers

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Another punch!

I was excited to see the large selection of paper punches that Grandpa's Dollhouse had on display at Camp Mini Ha Ha.  Unfortunately it was the second day before I noticed them, so a couple were sold out that I would love to have gotten.  But I still got quite a few.


I love making flowers and even though these are mostly leaves, I like the fact that there is a variety of sizes, so this adds a little realism to the flowers.  Let's face it, not every leaf or petal is the exact same size.  Some of these punches I already have in a different size now.

I'm not a big fan of the button punches, I find them hard on your fingers, especially if you're punching a lot of petals or leaves, but the price was fantastic, so it was worth the later pain!

I looked for a link on Grandpa's Dollhouse website for the punches, and I didn't find it, but I am sure you can contact Liz and she'll gladly get them for you.  But with my little bit of research online though I discovered that Punch Bunch does make a levered tool that you can drop the punches in that makes using them a whole lot easier.  It's a bit pricey, but I'm sure it's well worth the cost for someone who uses the punches a lot!

It looks like it accepts all the sizes, except the smallest round punch.  It appears to need a flat edge to place the punches up against.  Maybe someone who has one of them can give us a little feedback on them!  Still think it's a wonderful idea however!  Wonder if it can accept other brands of button punches?

I'm of to organize my punch drawer in my workroom.  Think I may need a larger drawer!

Until the next time....

Wanda


2 comments:

PILAR6373 said...

No conocía ese mango para los cortadores de botón,desde luego es un gran hallazgo,a veces me dejo los dedos con ellos,ahora te resultará más fácil y rápido!!!!
Besos.

Elizabeth S said...

Hi Wanda! I too have been collecting punches for quite a while now and have managed a number of them a the thrift stores. Your collection is special because it includes the mini leaf shapes that are probably the most elusive, so Good Job! :))