I've added an eaves trough an drain over the back alleyway door and added the bathroom sign. The sign was a gift from my September workshop at Camp Mini Ha Ha.
Here's a close up view of the rest room sign.
I am attempting to put a wisteria vine over the bookshop alley. It's a little difficult, I don't want to cover up the architectural detail on the upper part of the shop or the sign area above the windows, so I have to see if I can manage these uncontrollable vines first.
I also added a gas meter on the side wall. I antiqued the meter to give it an aged look. I still have to figure out the correct colouring for the vines. Right now it just looks like I just stuck paint on without though, which is basically the truth! I have a lot of leaves punched for the vine, which I will show in a later posting. I also have to add something to cover up the clay that anchors the vine in the pot. You can see a glimpse inside the bookshop in this image as well.
I also have the ground cover done. All the bricks, slate and ground cover have all been grouted and aged since last week's posted picture. I redid the ground cover 3 times before I was happy with it.
I have started work on the shelving for the inside of the bookshop, but I'll leave that for a later posting! But for now I have a workshop to tidy! It's amazing how things can pile up even when you're not using it.
Thanks for the comments in the last posting. I am now fully recovered from my surgery and back to work. It wasn't anything too serious, but it limited my mobility for a few weeks!
I took all these pictures with my camera phone, so I apologize if they aren't too clear.
Until next time.....