Sorry I can't find the picture of the bicycle before I started to paint it, so I had to use the picture from the retailer's web site. You can see it's just a basic piece of white metal miniatures.
I found this picture on the intranet and it was my inspiration for the bicycle I actually wanted for my bakery scene.
So I sprayed my entire bicycle with a metallic paint and then added in the green and black shades afterwards. Then I added some antiquing and rust, and this was the end results.
Once I photographed it, I realized it still wasn't quite the look I was after, I wanted a wicker basket. I had two choices, I could cut off the wire basket and weave a wicker basket, or I could use the metal basket already in place and weave waxed cord through the existing framework. I went with the second choice, but I had to add a few more wires, because there were no wires in the corners of the existing basket. At any rate, four hours later, and cramped fingers and elbows, this is the end result!
Now I have to load up the basket and the back shelf and the bicycle is ready to go. I'm pleased with the end results. Now it's back to flower making for the shed.
Thank you to the new followers for taking an interest, I am getting very close to 200 followers which is amazing since I was an absentee blogger for the past year.
It's back to work tomorrow, so hopefully I can continue more mini making and blogging in the evenings.
Until next time...