Happy New Year and Plans for 2023

 Happy New Year everyone!  Hope everyone had a great holiday season.

I'm actively involved with NAME, the National Association of Miniature Enthusiasts, and their online version, Create Miniatures.  I help them with their social media and participate in their online meetings.  For those who don't have a miniature club close to you, I'd highly recommend their online group MCC, Miniature Cyber Club.  You can check out more on both organizations at

Home | National Association of Miniature Enthusiasts (miniatures.org)

Home | Create.Miniatures.org

Also their Instagram page is 

NAME (@nameminis) • Instagram photos and videos

They also have a private Facebook group, which miniaturist can join.

(1) National Association of Miniature Enthusiasts (NAME) | Facebook

What I enjoy most about the group is their projects and challenges that members can participate in, hence my plans for 2023 and this post!

This year's challenge is a year long challenge.  You have to pick one large project that you've bought and even started, but never finished.  If the project isn't large enough for an entire year you can pick a couple of projects.

Me being the ever ambitious person have decided to do one large yearly project and four quarterly projects!!  To ensure I'll meet the challenge I've mapped out my weekly schedule!  Okay yes I'm a little OCD as well.  Well I finish it, one never knows, but I'm going to try and I hope you follow along with me.

The year long project is my 1/12th scale house.  It's a 35 year old house that I completely finished back when I first got it.  I worked alone, but not knowing that there were like minded people who shared the same hobby and not having a good idea about good workmanship, I built it the best that I could.


About 25 years ago I met Peter Dawson, a former architectural model builder, who was living in my city, but retiring and moving to BC.  He was unloading years of miniature magazines and books and had been given my name by a local shop.  I got lots of magazines and books from him, but more importantly I got a first hand picture of good quality built miniatures.  I came home ready to tear apart my house and start again.  I did tear it apart, but the retrofit never did get completely done.

So my year long challenge is to complete the retrofit that started 25 years ago!!

My quarterly challenge is to finish Red Hook Wharf.  A marine scene I started this past April in HO scale.  It's almost finished.  Just need to complete the landscaping on shore and add accessories and the water feature with boats.


So I hope you follow along with me over the coming year and force me to meet my goals.

Happy New Year to all of you!

Until the next time...

Wanda


Comments

Popular Posts