It's been a quiet week in the workroom, but I still have lots to share from my previous accomplishments. Now that I have all the trim finished outside, I could now dress the interior portions of the window boxes, which well only be seen from the outside. It's more stacks of old books, documents and maps.
Now that the windows are dressed, here's what they look like from the outside. Once I install the lighting, it will be a lot more visible.
Here's more shots of how things look all put together. Still have to add the wisteria and vines.
I also stained the moldings on the inside of the other shop window. I didn't put interior moldings on the above shop windows, I don't think they will be seen. But with this window and the angle of the shop, the interior moldings will be seen slightly. This is the floor that I have placed too high, and I have decided I will lower it, that's a future project. I do like the flooring I used for this project. I found it at the Little Dollhouse Company in Toronto, Ontario. It's printed on cardstock, but it looks very realistic. To add a little more realism I scored the lines. I know it can't be seen in the photograph unfortunately, but I do like the effect. I also put on coat of paint on these walls. Not a lot will be seen, but it should help to keep in bright inside once I add the lighting.
Hope you enjoy the work so far. I write my final exam on Thursday for the course I took this semester, and I am planning on taking a break from my studies until September. It should give me some time to complete this project during the summer.
Thanks for all the kind comments on the last posting. It means a lot to me, and it's so encouraging to continue.
Until the next time.....