Pickett Hill - The House

The Pickett Hill kit is unfortunately a discontinued kit, but you may be fortunate to find one on Ebay or Etsy.  The kit comes with all the wallcoverings and paper baseboards and crowns.  The shingles, which are also included are also made from paper.  That was a little bit of adjustment for me.

All the furniture kits and the landscaping kits are sold separately as well.  The landscaping kit was also made by Suzanne and Andrew's Miniatures but the furniture kits were available from Robin Betterley.  You can still find some of the furniture kits on Robin's web site.

I made the furniture kits and the house both at the same time.  It gives you something to do while glue and paint dries.

The portico and front entrance are very delicate layered pieces of laser cut pieces.

Same with all the windows and shutters.  The windows were 2-3 layers of laser cut pieces.

I went with the exact same color palette as the instructions which is white siding with ivory trim and green shutters.  Suzanne specifies Ceramcoat paint.



Some of the interior furnishings had to be built and installed during the construction of the house, in particular the built in bed in the little girl's room.








The landscaping kit includes the turntable base shown above.  The entire house sits on the 12" square turn table.

Overall I feel the house kit went together very quickly, I had some challenges with the layered doors swelling with the glue.  I had used Weldbond glue for this construction.  I think if I had clamped or weighted the doors better, I may have eliminated this problem.

But I was pleased with my first attempt at a 1/4 scale dollhouse.

Now on to the individually furnished rooms in the coming posts.

Until the next time....

Wanda



Comments

  1. It sure is a pretty little house, inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the layout! Definitely can see that it's a quality laser kit when it looks as solid and substantial as this one does!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a well engineered project Elizabeth. Everything goes together well, when it doesn't go flying out of my tweezers and I spend the next hour on the floor searching for little pieces....lol.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts