Furnishings for the Architect's Loft

So next it's more supplies and furnishings for the Architect.  During the previous lockdown I decided the Architect needed some help from an interior designer.  So I built a large floor model bulletin board with an interior design storyboard.  The images were all sourced from the internet and reduced and printed in 1/12th scale.  I found everything from story boards, design proposals, drawings and paint chips.  Adding some of my own fabric samples, brought it all together.  

For the second floor of the loft I intended it to be the "storage area" for old sampling, drawings and other supplies.

The first thing the Architect needed was storage for the old drawings.  I decided to build this unit from scratch using a combination of basswood and walnut stripwood.

The box was made from basswood and the drawers from walnut.  The outside of the box will be finished in walnut as well.  Once the box was built the drawer fronts were added and lined up to ensure they fit perfectly.



I put a second layer of walnut wood over the basswood case and then I coated the drawer unit with Beeswax to bring out the colour in the wood.



I had found lots of architectural drawings online which I downloaded and printed to scale.  Using these scaled drawings I built the cabinet to fit the drawings.  If you're looking for drawings and design layouts, I saved a Pinterest board here.  Likewise for all the design books I made, I found the covers on the internet and saved the images on this Pinterest board.




Then the Architect needed a portfolio to carry around his drawings.  I found a Louis Vuitton print online and reduced it and printed it on fabric.  I then ironed it to a "faux leather" paper and trimmed it with the same paper to make this storage portfolio.



The next item is some drawing mailing tubes.  Using a paper straw, painted to look like craft paper.  I used wood discs for the end closures.  I added a rolled drawing to one of the tubes.

Next I have to fill the loft, but that will be in the next post.

Until the next time....
Wanda


Comments

  1. Your clever ideas are Inspiring, Wanda! No detail is overlooked, and I can't wait to see the space filled!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts