Little Critters in the Garden


The garden shed has evolved over the past several years since I last blogged.  Mainly it's been taken over by little critters!  But they bring personally to the garden shed.

From rabbits, mice, snails, worms, squirrels, chipmunks and more birds, there are many animals in the garden.  They've come to join the butterfly, dogs, cats and birds that have been hanging out there for years

At a past Camp Mini Ha Ha I picked up a snail, which I place crawling around the burlap root ball of the tree.


Also got some worms!  What garden is complete if it doesn't have a few worms?  Love these!


The past critters I purchased from Elizabeth were the butterfly, seen here:-


My friend Cathy picked up a rabbit for me at the Chicago Tom Bishop show, unfortunately I don't know the maker of this piece.


Also at a past Camp Mini Ha Ha, I purchased one more animal, or should I say bird, or maybe a family of birds.  I had hoped to find a bird's nest to go on the peak of the garden shed to cover the seam in the copper.  I checked with Elizabeth, who unfortunately didn't make one, but she directed me to a great one from Grandpa's Dollhouse..  My new family of birds, complete with their nest is now located nicely on the peak of the roof.  Guess that mama bird is going to have to go searching for those worms soon to feed the hungry little ones!


And thanks to Art of Mini, I've gotten more animals, a chipmunk and a squirrel. They are unfinished metal minis that had to be painted.  That was a new thing for me, but I think they turned out okay.  They're fast little critters, kept finding them in different parts of the garden.





But the most adorable new creatures are the two mice from Kathi Kuti.  They are absolutely adorable.  Just love the details in their tails!


Even the farm animals have invaded the garden shed area, we're all ready for a meal of eggs when this chicken starts laying eggs.  Think I already see a few eggs!


And lastly, one original animal that is still the hit of the yard, although he's desperately trying to escape the yard, by digging his way to China?


If you want to see more of the past work on the garden shed you can check out some of the past posts right here.


Until the next time......
Wanda and the little critters.


Comments

  1. I really love that you have critters in the garden.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts