I’m Back…..

It’s been over 6 years since I last posted, wow so much has changed since then.  Yes, I’m still making minis.  A new job and a bigger time commitment required for it, left me with a choice, I could still make minis, but I didn’t have the time to blog. 

Flash forward 6 years and into two years of this pandemic and I’ve gotten more streamlined and in a groove with my job that I’ve now got time to blog again.  I’ve still been making minis and thankfully have found many people and groups to share the hobby with during this time.  My friend Lisa moved to my city several years ago and we started meeting regularly to work on minis.

NAME, the National Association of Miniature Enthusiasts took their club meetings online two years ago, due to the pandemic, allowing people from across the world to attend their Zoom sessions.  Thanks to Lisa who found out about this, and we joined NAME and their online sessions.  The group has been a blessing in disguise during a time when it was challenging to get together with Lisa and even to go shopping in person.  Check out NAME and their online club group Create Miniatures to learn more of the many programs they have for miniaturists working in remote locations without a local club.

Camp Mini Ha Ha was still a blessing prior to the pandemic, and I was able to attend and built a few new projects at their workshops.  They will be doing a Pirate’s Ship coming up in September for those interested in this workshop, check out the link here.

So, what have I been working on in this past 6 years, will do I have a lot to share?  Now I’m still guilty of moving from project to project leaving many unfinished still, hopefully blogging again will encourage me to finish more projects, hence the reason I started the blog in the first place! 

You’ll even see that I’ve tried other scales since I last blogged, moving from 1/12 scale to 1/24 scale to 1/48th scale and I even tried 1/144th scale (Note, Never Again).  Recently I even ordered a 1/87th HO Scale Waterfront scene.  Growing up in coastal Newfoundland with a long line of fisherman in my mother’s family, I’ve always wanted to do a rural waterfront scene with a strong fishing presence.  Stay tuned for more on this build.

Over the next few posts, I’ll share with you all the projects I’ve been working on, both kits, workshop projects and scratch-built projects and share a little about the building process, both the highs and lows.

In the meanwhile, here’s a sneak peak of what I’ve worked on over the past 6 years.  I would love your feedback.











My Book Room, Garden Shed, Bakery, Castle Room and Street Scene, which you’ve seen before in my blog, have had items added to those projects that I can share as well.

There are other projects to come as well, I have kits and scratch build ideas for a Tall Cabinet Townhouse, Santorini home, Interior Design Shop, Wine Cellar, Music Room, a nautical build in a boat bookcase, a modern kitchen & great room project and the HO Scale Waterfront scene I mentioned above.  Where will I find the time.  With your encouragement I’ll make it happen and maybe 6 more hours in the day!  Who needs to sleep anyway!

Until the next time, happy mini-ing!

Wanda Waterfield


Comments

  1. Hi! It's great to see such a wonderful collection of projects! I am looking forward to following your progress! The Architect's loft looks fascinating!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts