The things we hold on to.....

One of the first miniature furniture pieces I built from scratch (using ready-made newel posts) was this Tudor inspired table. It was for a swap exchange at Camp Mini Ha Ha when we built a Tudor inspired castle roombox. 

I cut a section from each newel posts for the legs and using basswood strips I built the bracing and table top. 









I had to make five swap gifts. Funny thing is I never made a 6th one for myself! Hope the folks who got them found uses for them. 

I love how I used my old History of Interior Design text box from college to weigh down the bases while the tabletops were drying. It's good to have a use for the old textbooks as well.

Like every miniature model maker, I kept the leftover portions of the newel posts in a Ziplok bag, because you never know when you can use these leftover pieces in another project. Ten years later, I found the leftover pieces yesterday which inspired this post today. 

I'm sure we all have stories of things we kept because you never know when you'll use them. 😂😮😂  What's your story?

I'm sure if you scroll back through 10 years of my posts, you'll find the post where I originally made the table for the swap!

Until the next time....

Wanda

P.S.  I never threw them out, you never know, I still might use them!

Comments

Popular Posts